Thursday, April 07, 2005

Calling All Nerds!

So, I've been spending the past few days trying to juice up the site by adding an embeded music player. This would be a sort of "thank you" for spending your time with me. But I can't for the life of me get the thing to work. So here is my plea:

Help me get it to work!!

I'm using this xspf media player . And so far:

-Uploaded the media player (xspf_player_slim.swf ) onto my server,
-Uploaded the mp3s that I want onto my server
-Created a playlist file using the .xspf coding format
-Put the code for the player and playlist onto my site.

I see the little flash music player on the site, but when I click "play", it says "loading music" and then "undefined".
Every time i see "undefined", I die a little.

if you have any ideas, let me know. You're the best, whoever you may be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucas Gonze said...

Try the mail list or forums at musicplayer.sourceforge.net.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Lucas Gonze said...

The bug is that the XSPF URL is not working.

http://www.columbia.edu/~js1133/Playlist.xspf gives 404 not found.

9:20 PM  
Blogger June said...

Hey Lucas,

Can't find your blog. But I wanted to say thanks for checking out the bug. I still can't get it to work, even after checking all the urls were right. But i'm going to keep trying. Thanks for the help

10:32 PM  
Blogger Jn said...

Hey June, it works!!!
I know what your next job is going to be, as you're obviously better than me with computers, nerdy girl ;)

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home