Friday, July 15, 2005

FX...a friend for all season

I never liked the show "King of the Hill". It never seemed that funny to me. It just seemed like a ill-illustrated show about what I thought Texans were really like. But FX (what the hell is FX anyway? Does Fox own them? I'll have to research that) has either disabused me of my prejudice. Or they have forced me to like the show by making "Kind of the Hill" available 24/7.

I would say that 90% of FX's programming is a "KotH" Marathon. What once seemed absurd to me, has now become a loyal friend in a fickle world. People, do you hear me? It is ALWAYS on.

Any time there is nothing on TV, I know that I can switch to Channel 58 and catch the butt-end of an episode. What's even nicer is that I never have to feel like I was left high and dry. I know that I can safely rely on at least three more episodes back to back.

KingHill

FX, I salute you. I salute you for your unwavering commitment to uninspired programming and for helping me to eat up six straight hours of my life on a weekly basis.

Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing about this show is that it's frighteningly realistic. But I agree - it's boring as all git out. I'll never understand why Family Guy got canceled in the first go-round while this show kept going on and on and on...

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home