Friday, August 12, 2005

The Whitest Show on Earth

I went to see "The Aristocrats" on Thursday. I wasn't expecting much, but really wasn't expecting for so many people to walk out of the movie within the first 20 minutes. What is billed as "the dirtiest joke ever told" is really nothing more than a few Cleveland Steamers and fisting your 7-year old daughter. Yawnsville.

Really, the jokes that were told were mostly gross out jokes, the only real source of humor comes not from the content of the joke but the finesse in its telling. But I was still surprised to see so many audience members, young and old, become offended by a classic vaudeville joke.

6 couples left the theater in a disgusted huff, and 5 of those couples were black. I don't exactly know what to make of that, but it did bring my attention that 99% of the comedians features white comedians. I think there is something about bathroom humor or blue humor that is also very very white.

The best comics in the movie were (in order)

1. Sarah Silverman (her show "Jesus is Magic" was one of the trailers and was also one of the best live comedy shows I've ever seen)
2. Kevin Pollack (whom I hate) doing the joke as Christopher Walken (whom I love)
3. Bob Saget ( I know,everyone wanted to see him tell the joke and then nudge their friend next to them saying "Dude, Danny Tanner just said "cunt". But he really did have one of the best deliveries)

2 Comments:

Blogger KidItamae said...

I am so offended. I may not be white, but I sure do appreciate a good poo joke.

4:31 PM  
Blogger OzzyC said...

You say "Whitest Show on Earth" as if being white is bad. Remember, we're taking over the world. Oh wait, forget I said that. I don't want to come across as racist, and certainly don't want to give away our nefarious plan of world domination.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home